FAQ Sanotin – most frequently asked questions about Sanotint products
– Can grey hair be coloured well with Sanotint classic?
Yes, Sanotint classic colours gives total grey coverage from your first session.
– What is Sanotint shelf life?
Sanotint shelf life in unopened containers and stored in a controlled environment, is up to 7 years, before it will lose its effectiveness.
Once the containers have been opened, tightly sealed and stored in a controlled environment. After opening pre product should be used in 3 months.
– If I have unmixed product remaining can it be stored for the next session?
If unmixed product is left over, ensure that the container is properly sealed tightly with the cap, but be sure to use it within 3 to 4 months. Always remember to use the dye and fixative in a 1:1 ratio.
– Are SANOTINT colors safe?
Yes, Sanotint colours are one of the safest products available in the market today. Sanotint colours are based on the natural ingredients and are approved by the Swiss therapeutical agency SwissMedic. Still, it is always recommended to perform an allergy patch test at least 48 hours prior to application of the product to the scalp.
– I want to hair to a lighter colour. Should I mix Sanotint dye with Sanotint lightening kit?
In order to get more shimming effect, it is recommended to first use the SANOTINT Enlightening Kit to lighten your hair. Then tint your hair using a lighter dye of choice, resulting in a more shimmering effect.
– May I mix Sanotint classic dye with Sanotint light?
No, do not mix Sanotint Classic dye and Sanotint light together. YOu may mix two or more SANOTINT shades together to obtain your personal colour. The Classic dyes can be only mixed with other Classic dyes and Light with only Light.
– Sanotint Classic hair dyes contain PPD, which is not very popular ingredient. It may cause allergy. May Sanotint Classic dyes cause allergy?
Sanotint hair colour contain PPD at the much lower level that is allowed. PPD is an ingredient, making colors mere intense and durable.
According to the studies, out of 100% of customer who have PPD allergies, approximately 3% may get reactions caused by other ingredients. Note that all ingredients, both synthetic and natural, may cause allergic reaction for some people.
If you do have allergies to Hair Dyes, you should always perform a patch test before trying a new hair dye.
– How long do Sanotint Light Colours (with no PPD) last?
The Sanotint Light hair colours, which is PPD-free, lasts approximately 4 to 5 weeks. Then you need to refresh by another application. Depending on how quickly your hair grows, you may also touch your roots with Sanotint Swift Mascara.
– Do your Sanotint colours dyes contain hydrogen peroxide?
The activator does contain a little hydrogen peroxide. Since these are deposit only colors, they contain between 6 to 10% per volume, which is sufficient to open the cuticles of your hair, in order to allow the pigment to be deposited.
– I have very stubborn grey hair and I’m willing to try a few colors, how can should I get a better coverage?
With regards to the grey coverage, some people with stubborn grey needed to leave the product on for about an hour and a half.
You may first apply hair some dye colour on the roots and leave it for 10 minutes. Then mix hair dye with activator and apply once more, leaving for 30-40 minutes.
– I’ve been using Sanotint light colors for many years 2 years and the last few months I’ve noticed the color is not lasting in my hair well.
Yes, the formula has been changed and now Sanotint Light hair colours are RESORCINOL FREE. You need only to let the color on your head for a longer time, example 40 minutes or more, to get the same effects as before.
– Is it enough one box of the Sanotint Light to cover long hair?
Based on how long and how thick, you would require at minimum 1,5- 2 boxes.
– May I use Sanotint colours after a permanent?
Yes, Still you need to note, that your hair will be more sensitive and the colour will penetrate the hair quicker, resulting in a darker colour and the perm may be weakened. Therefore, It is recommended that you wait a minimum of 2 weeks from your last permanent.
– May I use a Sanotint colours after bleaching hair?
Yes, you may use Sanotint colours after bleaching. Still, it is recommended to wait a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the colouring session.
– Is Sanotint like henna and the affect is it the same as I used henna?
Sanotint hair color is not like Henna. Henna is applied like an oil base paint, it is not absorbed by the pours of the hair, but it is applied like a layer of paint. When it dries, like a paint it becomes impervious and it does not allow any other color to be absorbed, so you cannot change the color. Sanotint works similar to other tints, where it is deposited into the pours of the hair. Sanotint allow you to change the color of you as well.
– What are the main effective ingredients in Sanotint colours?
Sanotint hair colour is an exceptional swiss quality product, based on reserch & development for more than 50 years. Sanotint hair color = Healthy hair
- Sanotin hair colors contains golden millet and natural plant extracts and other precious substances, which protect your hair from within, revitalizing its durability.
- Calcium Pantothenate/Provitamin B5 nourishes and rejuvenates your hair.
- The combination of herb extracts such as walnut-husk, birch and grape seeds give your hair an intense shine.
- Biotin and natural silica, from the Golden Millet are two vital substances, which have an important role in maintaining the health and structure of your hair.
- As a result, After each application your hair will feel soft, manageable, and easy to style.
– Why is it recommended to use the Sanotint conditioner that is supplied in the package?
It is very important to use Sanotint balsam (pH 3.5 conditioner) after each tinting session. Sanotint balsam/conditioner is formulated specially to close the pores of the hair, sealing in the colour. In addition, Sanotint balsam/conditioner is enriched with nourishing substances, which will protect, nurture and renew your hair after the colouring, resulting in shiny, radiant, and incredibly soft hair. Moreover, Sanotint balsam/conditioner helps prevent breakage from brushing and split ends.
– How much and how much Sanotint balsam should I use?
For the short hair use a small quantity of conditioner the size of a dime. For the long hair – use the size of a quarter in conditioner
– Can I use Sanotint hair dye during pregnancy or nursing?
It is recommended to use Sanotint light colours, which are PPD-free. It is not recommended to color hair during the first three months of pregnancy.
It is always recommended that you always consult your physician prior to using any hair dye product. If this is your first time using the Sanotint product line, you should perform an allergy test.
• always use gloves
• do not massage dye directly into scalp
• uses lighter shades, as they contain less calories than the darker shades
• wash and rinse your hair thoroughly at the end of the tinting session
• to minimize staining try applying the oil (argan, jojoba, avocado, or more) along the hairline and along the earlobes
• reduce the session time to no more than 20 minutes as an extra precaution.