What is Direct Sales?
Direct sales is the sale of a product/service through independent sales representatives (also called as consultants, distributors or other titles).
Direct sales people are not employees of the company. They are independent contractors who get commission on the sales.
Direct selling is a growing industry. Network marketing is a proven business model. There are several reasons why people choose direct selling:
- Direct selling is a good way to earn extra income
- Direct selling is a good way to own a business with very little or no capital investment
- People receive training and support from an established company
- Anyone can do it – opportunities to everyone – any age, race, education or experience
- Direct selling is a good way to meet and socialize with people
- People like to shop through direct selling
- Freedom, flexibility and more time with family, friends and entertainment
- People support each other and share knowledge – because to become successful in network marketing you need to help yourself, and to help others!
- Earnings are in proportion to efforts
- Unlimited income, potential financial independence that can be achieved in a relatively short time
- The final reason why so many people of all ages are interested in network marketing is the internet.
Facts about direct sales
- 78% of sellers say direct selling meets or exceeds their expectations
- 82% of sellers report a good, very good or excellent experience with direct selling
- 74% of US adults have purchased products from a direct seller
- 15.9 million people in the U.S. are involved in direct selling
- $31.63 billion in total US sales
Source: US direct selling association